If you didn't know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Sign up at Take Charge. Think Pink! to get reminders about breast health.
Here are some staggering statistics about breast cancer.
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her life.
- Men can contract breast cancer
- In 2011, an estimated 230,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 57,650 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women
- About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer.
- The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are gender (being a woman) and age (growing older).
Breast cancer is something serious but something you can find early. Check your boobies once a month!
Check for any hard lumps that aren't normal and when you go for your womanly check up, get your doctor to check you there also!
Breast health isn't something to be ashamed of anymore. It's real.
Take the stand against breast cancer.
Also, PLEASE save your Yoplait pink lids! If you don't know where to sent them, email me and I will get them sent to the correct place! Or if you don't know what I am talking about, let me know!
Ta ta and SAVE THE TA TAs!