Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How To: Around the World Party

I just went back through all of my really old posts and realized I have never blogged about the "Around the World Party" we had my senior year in college.
 
Wofford is a different kind of school as we all live on campus. Senior year you live in the nice apartments. About 9 different groups of apartments decided that we wanted to do something fun on a Friday night before going out... I will explain mainly in pictures. The best part was.. WE WALKED EVERYWHERE!
 
Each apartment (4 girls in each apt) decide on a country. You serve a drink and an appetizer for like 20+ people when you make your way around the world.



 


walking from apartment to apartment

 Around the World Party:
 
My apartment was Spain
My roommate Leah studied abroad in Spain...
 
I gave the obligatory toast
 
 
 
 
 Drink: Sangria
 
 
Food: Olives, Cheese, Bread
 
Bahamas
One of these girls went scuba diving in the Bahamas....
 
Drink: Bahama Mamas
 

Food: Fruit
 
France
One of the girls in this apartment studied abroad in France
 
 
 Drink: Wine
 
 
Food: Brie
 
Italy
Two of these girls studied abroad in Rome & Milan
 
 
 Drink: Wine
 
 
 Food: Bruschetta
 
 
America
Some body's gotta be patriotic!
 
Drink: PBR and Bud Light
 
 
Food: Hm, don't remember but a very American dip!
 
Mexico
You can't have a country without Mexico..
 
Drink: Margarita, duh and Corona
 
 
 
 
 
Food: Chips, dip, and queso
 
Jamaica
Jamaica is fun... no relation here
 
 
Drink: Red Stripe
 
 
Food: No food, Jamaicans are starving.. hahaha
 
Russia
A girl in our pledge class was from Russia originally so this was a tribute to her
 
Drink: White Russians
 

Food: Eek. don't remember
 
 
 
 
And there you have it.. an Around the World party!
 
It is SOO fun! I highly recommend this for a fun fun night (but not so much fun next day!)
 
Ta ta,
 
 

5 comments:

Brianna Tucker said...

My freshman year our bid party was around the world. We were seperated into countries with older sisters and guys from the frat throwing the party and it was a blast!
It was a drinking game for us though

Raquel said...

That looks so fun!

ryann said...

I am so excited to host one with all my friends- I cannot believe I am in your apartment you were senior year! :)

CALLIE said...

What a great, great idea! So much fun

Molly McCrory said...

Ah, this takes me back! America served Sausage Dip... so appropriate ;-) So happy for you at this time!