Becca from Beginning with Becca nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you! Ya'll go take a look at her blog!
Okay, so for anyone who is new to the Liebster Award the rules are as follows:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to
3. Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 follows) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. Follow the tagger and visit at least three nominees.
6. No tag backs!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I had a feeling that I was going to move to Illinois with Tyler. I wanted a way to remember the transition.
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, it is exactly what I did-- moved from Carolina Cotton to Illinois Corn!
3. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I love all of the fun things I have found- Erin Condren, Swell Caroline, Bridier Baubbles, Marley Lilly, etc etc!
4. Are there any parts of blogging that you do not like/get annoyed with?
I could write a very long list!! I cannot stand bloggers who constantly talk about numbers and followers? Who cares? Why are you blogging for that anyways?? Girls who are snobby and who talk down to others, especially in regards to designer clothing and labels, drive me nuts. If you aren't humble enough to shop at TJ Maxx or Target clearance, etc, you have a problem! I understand getting a new Tory Burch bag that you are excited about... that you saved long and hard for... but when you get a new bag every week, you are spoiled. That is not how the real world works! Ok rant is over.. I have been saving that up for a VERY long time and had to release it.
5. Have you met any friends through blogging?
I absolutely have! I talk with Megan almost every day as well as Whitney and Shannon. I met up with Megan and she helped me look for wedding dresses. I tweet a lot with a bunch of other girls and Ryann is not only my blog friend, she is my REAL friend!
6. What is your favorite thing to do on your down time?
Watch Law and Order SVU marathons :)
7. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I love everything at Christmas- family, food, friends, hot chocolate, presents!
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I will be MARRIED!! And probably no babies yet (at least I hope). Living in the lowcountry of South Carolina and hopefully with a fabulous job!
9. If you could choose one celebrity to be best friends with, who would it be?
These are always the hardest questions. I want to hang out with Kate Hudson. I just love her.
10. What is your dream vacation?
A week or two on a tropical beach with a fruity drink and Tyler!! Ok, and maybe my family too!
11. If you could have your dream job, what would it be and why?
I am still trying to figure that out. I think something in advertising/PR/branding/marketing of an agricultural company would suit me just perfect.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I would pick the lake over the beach
2. I hate MTV shows
3. When I was a camp counselor, Steven Colbert's daughter sat at my table
4. I was a lifeguard throughout high school
5. I prefer thin vs. thick pork chops
6. I'm the oldest of 7 grandchildren on one side of my family, and the only girl on the other
7. I was yearbook editor in high school
8. I was Commissioner of Agriculture in 2006 at Palmetto Girls State
9. I hate cold calling
10. I am getting married in 7 months!
11. I hate blog bullies! :)
11 New Questions:
1. Have you ever moved far from home? Why?
2. What have you learned from blogging?
3. What is a staple item in your closet?
4. What are your most comfortable pair of shoes?
5. What's the coolest trip you've been on?
6. What do you do for a living?
7. Is this your dream job?
8. What is your go-to snack?
9. What does a normal weekend consist of in your life?
10. Any fun Labor Day plans?
11. What's the best "steal" you've ever found (i.e. something very expensive you got for cheaaaap!)
Megan from Boots and Beaches
Megan from Sky High Heels and Sweatpants Too
Shannon from guard your heart
Ryann from Unspeakable Joy
Victoria from Mine to Live with Faith, Hope, Love, and Coffee
Claire from The Sweet Virginia Breeze
Callie from The Good Life
Tamara from T Times Three
Taylor from Its the Little Things
Lauren from The Merry Mrs Mobley
Jamie from Cows, Corn & Country Girls
Thanks for reading!