Sunday, December 4, 2011

When in Missouri....

Hi friends!

I am off in Kansas City, Missouri until Wednesday for training for work! After a long 6 hour drive here alone, I made it. Needless to say, I do not ever want to move to the BFE Missouri that I drove through. Wow! I swear I saw a documentary on TV that Missouri is #1for meth. And, before posting that, I looked it up... "Missouri is the most meth-plagued state with 8000 labs, equipment caches and toxic dumps seized between 2002-04". Google it!! As I was driving I was thinking, "dang, I bet this state has a bunch of drugs." I was right. The highway I drove on was such a dumpy place! I was so scared to stop to get lunch or get gas because it was so sketchy.


Hope none of my readers are from Missouri. Don't get me wrong, some places in MO are great!! I really like St. Louis and the outskirts where I have been, and the scenery is gorgeous, but there is nothing here but lots of deer and corn (and meth!). I think where I am living is juuuuuust fine!


So, there was my rant. I am luckily in Kansas City, and will hopefully get to explore some Tuesday night. One of my "classmates" from training is from here so he is going to give us the tour. He also played baseball at Coastal Carolina and I was SO happy when he knew where Wofford was! Such a small world.


Hope you all had a great weekend. Let you know if anything fun happens while I am here learning about staffing/recruiting!


Ta ta,


3 comments:

Danielle and Trev said...

KC MO can be a SCARY place!! I'm from Kansas City area, but the Kansas side. And I will n.e.v.e.r. go downtown without my hunky man for protection!!

Megan at Megan Can said...

I've made the drive to KC or I should say through KC to head to Wichita & it is no fun whatsoever! Hope training goes well!

ms.composure said...

yes try to explore kansas city!!! it is such a gr8 place to be! def one of my fav

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com