Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Happy Thursday!

Yesterday afternoon was pretty darn exciting!!!

1. I got to go into the studio at WIS News in Columbia to watch my co-worker get to be on the news.....LIVE! The segment was about stretching your dollar buying local produce (basically buy local because it is cheaper, fresher, healther, helps environment, etc...). We took some SC cucumbers, squash, and green onions to display and the weather lady commented that "it sure does smell like onions in here" right before it was her turn to go on. She had no idea we were in there and we thought it was pretty hilarious. This was such a cool experience!

2. I got a new haircut (who doesn't love that) and this was a huge step for me because I have been going to the same man, my best childhood friend's dad at the barbor shop, for 22 years. I finally decided it was time to move on, so I called another childhood friend, Haley, and let her chop away! It was so good to catch up with her and get those nasty split-ins cut. Too bad it is rainy today and I didn't have an umbrella on my way to work so my new "do" was ruined pre- 8:30.

3. I RECEIVED MY LODIS BAG YESTERDAY! AH! When I got home, I saw this huge box and ripped it open as fast as possible to model my bag for my mom! She is still very confused on blogging, giveaways, and how I really didn't have to pay a dime for this incredible bag! Thanks again Lacey and Lodis for the giveaway! I promise to take a picture of it when I find a cute enough outfit to wear with it! Ah-mazing. Sooooo excited!

4. With the leftover produce from work, I made some zucchini bread and muffins with a recipe from a grandmother at my church and OH.MY.GOSH. they are the most incredible things I have ever tasted. I brought half of a loaf to work for my work friends and the smell of the bread is making me crazy hungry. Here is a phone pic! Sorry for the ugly presentation. Let me know if it seems delicious enough for me to post the recipe!
I know, not beautiful, but abso-freakin-lutely delicious.

5. Season premiere of Law and Order: SVU (my all-time favorite show in the world) came on last night. I was a bit depressed, though, because Detective Stabler left the show and some new girl is taking his spot. The primiere was a little disappointing, but I will still be a loyal fan and watch. I love this show so much that I dressed up as Detective Benson and my date as Stabler for a ZTA function freshman year. Yep, I'm a weirdo/obsessed/whatever. Don't care. AND Grey's Anatomy primieres tonight, too. I love having weekly shows to watch! Yippee!!

6. And I can't believe I almost forgot this excitement but I will be headed to Illinois to see TyTy this time next week! Hallelujah! It's been a month and I CANT WAIT! Love that sweet boy.

So, there goes my exciting Wednesday afternoon. Hope you have had some kind of excitement this week. I know my best friend Rebecca has- shoutout to her for 100 days from today until her WEDDING! So excited. My family is throwing her and her fiance a party this weekend so I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures and things to report next week! Yay for my best friend's wedding. Gee, I'm so clever!

Ta ta for now!

Charlotte

No comments: