Thursday, September 8, 2011

Must See. Must Read. Must Hear. Must Have.

Must Laugh... at me.

I'm so happy to be one day closer to the weekend and I cannot wait! I'm still trying to get into the groove of blogging, so just sit back and enjoy the ride while I still attempt to act like I know what I'm doing.

Because I don't yet.

So.. for the "Musts" on Thursday.. Here we go!

Must See:

I know that I am a little late and this movie was released on DVD in July, but rent The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix, at Blockbuster, on your On Demand or wherever the heck else you rent movies from these days!! Tyler and I rented it and it was totally worth the $5! We both agreed it was one of the best flicks we'd seen in a LONG time! I usually don't go for the "manly movies" but I did this time!

Must Read:  

This book is incredible! I bought it during my layover in Atlanta last week and by the time I was halfway to Bloomington, IL (a 1.5 hour flight), I was finished! I couldn't put it down! The book is about a four year old who undergoes surgery on his appendix. During surgery he "dies" and goes to Heaven where the angels sing to him and welcome him in, but then he wakes up and later unveils his experience to his parents. WOW! I'm sure you are skeptical about it and my synopsis doesn't do the book justice, but I promise you it is worth the read (and I have the book if you want to borrow it!). A review on the back of the book by Ron Hall reads, "A beautifully written glimpse into heaven that will encourage those who doubt and thrill those who believe."  No kidding. I was touched.

Must Hear:

"Remind Me"- the duet by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood. If you are a country music listener, you have heard it. No joke, every single time I hear this song my eyes welp up with tears. It never fails. It is so sweet, yet so sad, and maybe it is just the whole "airport dropping off" line that gets me. Story of my life. But really, I would hate to look back one day and need someone to remind me of what it used to be like! I am so blessed to have parents that haven't had to deal with this! Anyways, sweet song. Listen to it!

Must Have:

Ok, so maybe I don't have just one of these. My Wish List seems to keep growing, but all I REALLY need  (ok fine, want) right now is a pair of brown flats and brown boots? Is that too much to ask?


I waited for 3 years to get my first pair of Tory Burch flats. I love my black, so now I want brown!

Brown boots. I bought a pair from Target a year or two ago and I have worn them to the ground. These are from Target, too, only because I cannot seem to find any that I really like, fit me well, don't cost an arm and a leg, and are comfortable to my pathetic feet. Thoughts? Where to find cute brown boots?
Must Laugh


First off, I love white cats. Yes, you have a crazy cat lady blog to read. I found this picture on Pinterest (duh) a while ago, but when I was browsing Uptown on Main Street in Columbia today at lunch I found it on a birthday card. So I bought it... for myself. My birthday isn't until November! It made me giggle and made me really happy. This $2.97 card is sitting on my desk at work to make me smile.

Are you laughing at me yet or rolling your eyes? I hope its not the latter. Thanks for hanging in there with my ramblings today! They'll get shorter once my blog excitement wears off! I want to be able to hang with the big dogs in the blog word. Speaking of "Big Dogs," I can't wait for the Wofford Terriers to put a hurtin' on those Clemson Tigers this weekend! Woof Woof!


Ta ta for now,
Charlotte

1 comment:

Megan said...

Your blog is so cute! And my boyfriend and I both had the same reaction to Lincoln Lawyer- it was fantastic. I also love Heaven is for Real. Such a great story :)