Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pinterest Recipes

As I have mentioned before, I have somehow turned into a Betty Crocker wannabe. Living at home hasn't been the most thrilling time of my life, but it does help that I have my mom's kitchen, pantry, and sometimes a $20 for groceries when I stop by the store on my way home from work. Until recently, I thought baking and cooking were too annoying and time consuming. During this "transition," I have had to find things to do to entertain myself and not focus being lonely and missing Tyler. Cooking and baking have become a new hobby. I attribute my success to http://www.pinterest.com/.

Here are some of the goodies that I have made with the online recipes below them in case you want to try! I apologize for the quality of some of the pics- I took them with my Blackberry!

Snickers Cheesecake Brownies:
These were delicious, BUT you can honestly only eat one bite and you're done. They were so rich and probably a gillion calories. Recipe: http://www.bakersroyale.com/brownies/snickers-cheesecake-brownies/.

Fruit Pizza Cookies:
I have been making fruit pizzas since I was a kid, but these were so easy! Instead of handmaking sugar cookie dough, though, I was a bit lazy and used the presliced Pillsbury ones. Also, I recommend using local in-season fruit when possible :) Recipe: 1 package cream cheese & 1 package cool whip mixed together as "sauce," with fruit on top and sugar cookie beneath.

Cocoa Rice Krispe Footballs:
These are so cute for tailgating. I actually made them for the Clemson-Wofford game, though they were a bit stale by the time I served them. Oops! Recipe: http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/chocolate-nutty-mini-football-treats.aspx#/recipes/chocolate-nutty-mini-football-treats

Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
picture taken from just get off your but and bake blog
My dad was pretty impressed with this recipe, as was I. I highly recommend it if you are a casserole person. I found the recipe at http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=984.

Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Rollups:
picture taken from ivillage
I have made these twice now, and the first time was definitely the best. I recommend adding lots of extra spices to the recipe and not using Ragu! We are not a Ragu family. Try a different brand or homemade sauce! Recipe: http://www.ivillage.com/chicken-and-cheese-lasagna-roll-ups/3-r-60638.

Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars:
picture taken from jam hands blog
I saved my favorite for last :) I love these and almost ate the whole pan alone, but my dad enjoyed them too! Not healthy, but yummy! Recipe: http://www.jamhands.net/2008/11/chocolate-pecan-pie-bars.html.

Did I impress you? I impressed myself. Can't say any of these are healthy, but maybe I will start working on healthy recipes. Bon Appetit!

Charlotte

1 comment:

Lacey in the City said...

Charlotte, darling! You must check out my entry today on LITC... After you finish being so excited from reading the news on there(!), please email me so that I can get your information to send you your brand new LODIS HANDBAG!!!

laceyagriffin@gmail.com

Congratulations!!