Monday, September 19, 2011

Dwell on the Positives

When I created this blog, I thought that it would be an easy way for me to "vent" in a positive manner. I figured if my thoughts and feelings were out to the world, I would focus on being positive instead of negative.

So, here I am, trying to be positive when sometimes it is hard. Hard to be 13 hours away from my boyfriend who I only get to see every 4-6 weeks. Hard to be "the intern." Hard to live in a town of 400 and rarely see my friends. Hard to not know what the next couple of months (or years) of my life holds! All of these are petty things, because all in all, I am a happy and healthy person with no real need to be negative. I am too blessed! But sometimes, I just gotta complain a little!

As I mentioned in my first post, I am a member of a girl's Bible study. We are "learning to be content" and learning how to "calm our anxious hearts." The book we are reading is called Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. It is truly what I needed to get over this anxiety I am feeling about the next couple of months in my life! God works in mysterious ways!

So, I am choosing to dwell on the positives today. Earlier today, I found myself wanting to complain and whine, but after my little run tonight and reading my lesson for tomorrow, that changed. I encourage you to make a list of your positives and to dwell on them. I am by no means perfect, but sometimes I just need a little reminder every now and then that there is no need in being unhappy! Here's a few positive thoughts in case you need help getting started!

{via}



Hope you dwell on the positives today! And check out these 300 reasons to be happy. Love!

Thanks for reading!

Charlotte

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for the reminder to be positive! I have been fighting a nasty sinus infection, but there are always positive sides to everything. I wanted to reply back to your comment but your email isn't set up, so thanks for your sweet comment yesterday!