Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Dilemma

I know it is not Thanksgiving yet, but I just had to do a quick pre-Christmas blog post. This morning Tyler's mom (Heather) and I went to this cute little store called Bucks Country Gardens before she took me to see her classroom. The store was overwhelming (in a good way) with Christmas decorations and I thought "Oh crap... Christmas will be here before I know it. I have zero decorations!"

It doesn't even feel like Thanksgiving to me yet, partially because I have been in about 6 states in 3 days and my body clock is all confused. Ty's family is doing Christmas some time this weekend while we are all here together and I can honestly say I have never thought about Christmas this early before. I have bought my family a couple of gifts only because it saved me shipping costs from IL and they are already at my house for Christmas. I also have the presents for this weekend ready.

Let's just say I got a little overwhelmed this morning looking at Christmas decor... This is my first Christmas where I am not at home. Yes, I am flying home December 23 and will be home until after the New Year, but normally I get home around December 15 from college. Well, no more college for this girl. This means my Christmas shopping must be done early to ship everything else home. It also means no decorations.

Here is my dilemma and the reason for this post:

How do you decorate for Christmas at a new place with no decorations of any kind!?

I kind of freaking out at the thought of getting my (and Tylers of course) own tree (that will be at his house). I literally have 5 ornaments. I have no wreath, no candles, no garland, no nutcrackers, no snow babies, no nativity scene, no ANYTHING that I have at my parents house and that I am used to!


But, here are some things I have found on Pinterest that have helped my Christmas anxiety:

{via}

{via}

{via}
{via}

{via}
{via}



How are you decorating your home for Christmas? 

Ta ta,



3 comments:

Megan said...

Decorating for Christmas is one of my favorite things to do! However, if you don't have any decorations, it can be overwhelming starting up! This won't help you for this Christmas, but I always hit up the after Christmas sales to stock up for the next year. After several years of doing this, you will have quite the collection, I promise!

rkjalernpan said...

I understand your dilemma. The pictures made me feel better too! I'm in Grad School now so I won't be home until the 24th. My fiance is 5 hours away so we can't even get a tree technically "together". Thanks for making me feel like others know how I'm feeling

The Hamilton's said...

It is really hard the first year. Your mom may have some extra stuff that she is willing to give to you. I got some of my moms old stuff and it helped me to be less home sick. I also check out stores after Christmas. We got all of our ornaments at walmart last year (just red and gold glass balls) it is really simple but makes me excited to think that we will be growing together each year and as we go our tree will grow!