Tuesday, April 16, 2013

i need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

First off, I want to send my heart and prayers to Boston. I cannot imagine another community hurting and grieving. I pray for our nation and that we are able to find the one responsible for this tragedy.

On to happier news. We had the busiest weekend possible this weekend and I think after sleeping all day yesterday I have recovered!

Friday night I met my aunt to watch her daughter and my cousin play soccer. I can honestly say it was the first time I've pulled for my high school rival, Orangeburg Prep. Though I cheered for them, I couldn't bring myself to wear Indian red!




Saturday I woke up bright and early and drove to Bluffton for a 5k that I signed up for last minute. This runner's high is a serious thing! It was not quite a full 5k, so my time is a little deceiving. The profits from the race benefitted oral cancer awareness. Did you know April is Oral Cancer Awareness month? I love running small town 5k's, but I also love running them when they benefit a philanthropy! I won 1st place in my age group, 7th overall, and my "time" was 23:27. I'm going to pat myself on the back on that one!





After the race we finally got in some boat time! We packed our things and Sarge for four hours out in the sunshine! It was a beautiful day.








Saturday night we went to the Junior Service League BBQ here in Beaufort. I'm trying to get involved, so I wanted to go ahead and meet some of the girls. It was so much fun and they had a great band! Here's a picture with my sweet Beaufort friend Anna. She immediately took me under her wing and has helped me make friends and shown me the ropes here! Our husbands work together so that makes it even more fun!


hey don't we love these arrangements!?


Sunday morning we headed to Charleston bright and early to meet with Tyler's brother and his wife. So weird to say my brother and sister-in-law! Crazy! We had a great lunch at Poogan's Porch then walked down King Street for Second Sunday. Tyler and I were almost cross eyed from such a late night! 






On our way out of town, we met up with my blog BFF Shannon for a drink at Triangle in West Ashley. It was so fun to catch up with her and compare wedding stories! It is funny we both planned and planned and talked about weddings for the past few months together and now they are both over! I am so thankful for her and our friendship!



Whew, told y'all it was crazy! But so so fun! 

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Brianna Tucker said...

Woohoo get me on that boat! I love poogans poarch!
I really want to get involved in JL in Raleigh but we are going to have to move in a year so I will have to start over so I am just waiting.

Unknown said...

Nice job on your race! Signing up for a race last minute is actually kind of fun! Love your boat pictures, of course :) Also your bow shirt in the last picture is so precious!

Whitney said...

How fun!! I love that you live so close to the water.

Lacey in the City said...

What a fun weekend!! Girrrrl you make me miss South Carolina sooo much!!! I actually just got a new job that will hopefully be taking me back to Carolina verrrrry soon!!