Sunday, January 13, 2013

What's Your Favorite Wedding Song?

I am sitting in the airport in Charlotte waiting to go back to Illinois... boo. 

Last night I was in High Point, NC for a dear college friend's wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous and SUCH a fun party! Working on our song list for our band has been on my 'to-do' list, so I thought while I sit here I should work on it since I just danced the night away and drank too much!

My friends and I love to dance.... obviously.



I do want a little input on fun party songs. I have the song list up on my computer and am highlighting my favorites.

Here are some I have so far:

Aretha Franklin - Respect

Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real
Commodores - Lady
Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain
Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove Tonight
Earth, Wind & Fire - September
Emotions - Best Of My Love
Harry Connick - For Once In My Life
Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
Kool And The Gang - Jungle Boogie
Montel Jordan - This Is How We Do It
OutKast - Hey Ya
Prince - Kiss
Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
Stevie Wonder - Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours
The Platters - With This Ring
Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music

Those aren't all of them... there are SO many on the list and I have lots of favorites. Our band, Ascension, is an all-black motown/funk/shag/groove band.. That was one of my few wedding requests.

So.... what are your favorite songs?

Check out Ascension's website HERE.

Tell me, tell me what you think!!

And, I am keeping our first dance a secret! I am SOOOO excited about it though. My dad and I have been cracking up about our father-daughter dance. He suggested "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Really dad? 

Ta ta,



4 comments:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

SHOUT!!

Whitney H said...

Oh man, I wish we had a live funk band at our wedding! That would have been amazing! I didn't want the Father-Daughter dance to turn into a boo hoo feat like my sister in law's did, so we danced to "My Girl." :) It was fun and sweet!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I am too self-conscious to dance!

Claire said...

OMG I am most looking forward to my father-daughter dance! The song is SO US!