Monday, September 17, 2012

Where Do You Shop?

I'm trying to start this Monday on a happy note....
 
I'm always really curious where people find their clothes. I am definitely a repeat shopper and go to the same places over and over and over! I thought it would be neat to give you a peak into my closet today.

I'm also one of those girls who HATES to pay for anything full price. I am blessed to have a pretty good outlet mall in my town. Since I have moved to Illinois, my closet has expanded 100%! I used to not be that much of a shopper but now I think that it is just therapy for me. I do try to be realistic and not spend my paycheck each month.

Below you will find some staples in my closet and please give me any insight where to find good deals. I always need dresses for weddings, etc, so if you have any ideas, let me know!

My Closet

 


I have recently discovered Modcloth where I find lots of dresses. I got this Strapless dress this summer for a wedding and ended up wearing it to our surprise engagement party.
 
Also in my closet are about half a dozen Old Navy cardigans. I have them in all kinds of colors because they are so easy to throw on in the morning if I have on a sleeveless top or dress. 
 
I have a hard time finding jeans that fit me well. In college I discovered my first pair of J.Crew matchstick jeans.  Jeans always fit me weird. First off, I hate the tightness of jeans and how constricted I feel. Jeans either are way too big in the waist, but super tight in the booty. These fit me OH so well and if you find them when J Crew is having a denim sale, you can get them for a steal! 
 
Old Navy yoga pants are a staple of mine in the winter. I am not a girl who likes to exercise in long pants, but I do love lounging on the couch in these!
 
You can also find a splurge in my closet every now and then. I snagged these Michael Kors loafers during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I usually don't buy TOO many nice things, but a good, comfortable pair of shoes was on my need list. I LOVE them!!
 
Other shoe staples in my closet come from Target. I actually have on the pink Merona flats today. Target shoes are always so easy since they are cheap and if I ruin them, I haven't lost a lot of money!
 
I also love Anthropologie's vintage jewelry and these were one of my purchases on my trip to Chicago with Tyler. Francescas is a nother go-to jewelry place! 
 
No outfit is complete with out a pair of ray ban sunglasses and honestly, I am in the market for a new pair of som sort!
 
Another Target staple is their flannel ! I'm ready to break mine out!
 
Francescas is my go-to place for dresses. I know I've found some at Modcloth, but when you look into my closet, you'd think I only bought dresses from there. Again, very cheap and some of my all-time favorites are from this cute boutique!
 
 
So there you have it-- my favorite places to find my staple clothes. Where do you find yours?? Please share!!
 
Ta ta,
 
 

4 comments:

Whitney H said...

Old Navy has definitely become a staple in my wardrobe! Kohl's is also a favorite of mine, especially Lauren Conrad's collection. I've also really started liking Ann Taylor/Loft for work clothes.

annabmarsh said...

I have those pink shoes!! But they kill my feet..I got the worst blisters in them!

I love LOFT and Piperlime! I think they have such cute, reasonably priced things--especially since I hate paying full price, too!

Claire said...

I'm sure you know where I shop (way too much because of a discount) so I sometimes feel like it's a waste to buy a lot of things elsewhere since I cannot wear them to work. BUT I do love Loft and JCrew!

Ashley said...

Old Navy yoga pants are the BEST!!! Oh my goodness, they are so cheap and soft, just the perfect combo!

I work retail so I get most of my clothes from my store, but tend to stock up on basics from J. Crew (the outlet), LOFT, and Nordstrom! Definitely always looking for a great sale as well!