Friday, March 29, 2013

From Distance to Togetherness!!

Y'all-- check out my favorite Midwesterner, Stephanie!! Thanks, girl!!

Hello! I'm Stephanie from the Midwest Prep. I'm so pleased to be guest blogging on Charlotte's blog, she is so so darling. As she is enjoying her life as a newlywed, you're stuck with me for today. ;)


First of all, can we just discuss that Charlotte is MARRIED?!??! [Well she will be when this posts ;)] I know she's had quite the stressful past few months with moving back out East (even though I'm still a little bitter she left the midwest before I could meet her!!) and planning her wedding so she deserves all the happiness in the world. 

Anyways, I figured I mine as well talk about love while Mrs. Law is out celebrating her marriage on her honeymoon. As some of you may know, my boyfriend and I have been long distance for six years now. I'll save you the whole back story and just fast forward to where we are at right now. WE'RE MOVING IN TOGETHER. Exciting I know?! Let alone, we're moving to a whole new city.


So some of you out there may be long distance lovers, new love interests, recent newlyweds, or even married + happy for years. I need advice from all of you. Seeing as Matthew and I have never really lived together, please share your tips with me. What do I need to know about moving in with a man?

Here's what I'm going to expect to change or occur..

1. Privacy - A lot of things that were once mine, will be ours. I hate to admit but I'm kind of a selfish person. I'm interested to see how I'll be with sharing my things and just my space with Matthew.

2. Sacrifice + Compromise- This is pretty cut and dry but it applies to a lot of things. We both have our own way of living and we do particular things a certain way. We will have to learn to give and take. Or just the small sacrifice of giving up my Sunday night shows so he can watch football. It's the little things. ;) But I'm ready for it.

3. Growing - I expect Matthew and I will both grow as individuals and as a couple. We've never lived in the city for more than a summer so I think our relationship is in for a few (good) changes. Plus it's about time Matthew puts a ring on my finger.. I mean it's been six years. JUST KIDDING.. kind of. ;)

4. Disagreements - Every couple has them. You'd be lying if you said you didn't. Matthew and I have had some pretty awful fights in our day although we haven't had a serious fight in at least a year. We've become so good at being long distance though. It'll be weird living in such close quarters with him. I don't want to say I'm expecting us to disagree but I know we won't agree on everything. The important thing is to never go to bed mad at one another. :)

5. Memories - Last (and most important) is that I think Matthew and I will make so many great memories. We will have so much more time together to just relax and be a couple. Plus we will have a whole new city to explore so that will be fun in itself. :)

So feel free to share advice, tips, or even your story with me! I'd love to hear about it. :)

Thanks again Charlotte for letting me invading your blog and don't forget to follow my blog, twitter + instagram

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you to FINALLY put an end to the LDR. Six years is SUCH a long time. BF and I did it for two years, and we moved in together two months ago. I was really nervous but it has been the easiest thing. Everything feels totally normal. I think the hardest adjustment for me is getting used to just being together and not doing anything. Since we were 2,000 miles away, whenever we were together we did trips and fun activities, always having something planned. Now if we don't at least go out to dinner once a week I get antsy. I learned that he is content to just sit around and watch basketball, so I have to ask. Communication is key! I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to read about your new adventures!