Wednesday, March 20, 2013

In My Bible

I am going to be 100% honest and admit that I haven't opened up my Bible in a long time. I'm ashamed and embarrassed, but not too proud to admit. I've read scripture online or read my devotional, but I haven't pulled out my most important book.

We had pre-marital counseling last Sunday afternoon, so I of course grabbed my Bible to meet with our pastor (the pastor from my parents church, not the one who is marrying us... very confusing). After our session, I started thumbing through my Bible, realizing I had all of these "things" in my Bible. Since I was young, my mom kept all sorts of notes and verses and special things in her Bible and I copied her idea.



I thought it would be neat to open up about some of the things found in my "God's Game Plan: FCA" Bible that has much wear and tear, and will probably be retired when we get married.



Note from my MOH Rebecca from 2004.


Game from Camp Greystone 2009 where we went around the room and wrote nice things about one another.


Elementary --> Intermediate Sunday School certificate.


Ten Commandments... just case they are forgotten ;-)


Devotional given by my uncle on Mother's Day 2003 called "Everything I Need to Know, I Learned from my Mom." This is my favorite thing.


An old devotional on fear.


Card and note from Tyler on our first Valentine's Day.


Sweet note from Ty.


My piano/voice teacher's favorite verses. She passed away last year. She was so talented and taught me so much about life.


A pretty version of the fruits of the spirit.


Note from Rebecca from youth group days.


Bookmark from my high school teacher/mentor.


Note from my friend Emily while I was a counselor at Greystone.


Above bookmark.


Friendship bracelet from one of my campers.


My friend Wesley's sister Kelly's memorial bulletin.


Another note from a counselor at Greystone when I was struggling at camp.


Counselor devotional.


One of my favorites.


So there you have it. Some of the things found in my Bible. I am promising myself and making you keep me accountable for opening it up much, much, much more often than I have recently. Getting married and having a husband (this word is still so weird to me!!!!!) is going to truly challenge me and make me study the Word.

What is in your Bible? 



5 comments:

ryann said...

I LOVE this post. I find myself reading my scripture on my phone YouVersion app a lot and you're right, there's just something wonderful about thumbing through God's word in ink on pages. I just love that you have all these things you keep in yours- what a beautiful reminder of all the wonderful people God has placed in your life! I love you Char and can't wait to see you this weekend :)

The Pink Growl said...

This is funny because I actually just cleaned the stuff out of my Bible 2 weeks ago. It was FULL of stuff like yours from friends and little notes of inspriation.

Brianna Tucker said...

I actually never utilized my Bible much growing up because it was a Catholic Bible so I always borowed one cause it was easier to read and understand. Now I find myself using my husbands Bible or my Kindle. It is so different just reading the word on its own and not reading it through a devotional or app scripture of the day.

Heather said...

I think it's awesome you've kept all those treasures and stored them in your Bible!! I need to do that! I do have little notes from my great-grandmother in my Bible, and it really warms my heart when I flip to those pages and see her notes :).

Caitlin A. Cleland said...

I just love this post! I have never thought about looking back through my own FCA bible (from 2004). I graduated to a new one just before getting married in October and am currently lacking a lot of inserts. My old FCA is jam packed with stuff! I think I'll do that this week :)