Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Merry Christmas from Sarge!

It's no secret we love our 5 year old black lab hunting retriever. He is supposed to be an outside dog who sleeps outside and retrieves ducks. Since he has been in Illinois (1.5) with Tyler (and me), he is now our best canine friend.

What can I say? He is too adorable and friendly to be an outside hunting dog. We think he might have been a little abused when he was with his past owner, so we love to smother him with love. And that we do well.

One thing that I love to do that Tyler HATES is when I buy him dog clothes. This has only happened twice now... Once at Halloween, and now Christmas. Every dog needs a Christmas sweater. He is so calm, cool, and collective, he doesn't even freak out when you put clothes (or antlers) on him.

He has a little scab on his ankle (do dogs have ankles?) from his week at doggie hunting camp over Thanksgiving, hence the ace bandage on his leg. The one day we take it off and he gets to visit my apartment he got up on my bed and his little nasty paw goo got on my bed. EW. He's also not allowed on the furniture!

Anyways, without further adieu, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from our beloved Sargie!

 
He really doesn't like the straps behind his legs..

 
Hahaha

 
He's like "dad help me"

 
Model pose

 
We were yelling "ducks! ducks!" to get his ears to perk up! 

 
Our sweet pup!
 
Merry Christmas!
 
xoxo
 
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Sargie. I think he and Botany should get together when our little families "to be" finally unite!

Lindsey said...

I love his antlers!! We dressed my dog in a princess costume once...she didn't talk to me for weeks.

henning love said...

ahh what a sweet pup!! love the antlers and the little sweater so darling!

Anonymous said...

Haha this is the cutest ever! :)

http://www.teenyhippie.com/

Cori H. said...

That sweater is too adorable! What a good sport!

Kristin said...

aww he's so cute!

Claire said...

Oh you wait until you see handsome Finnie on our card :)