Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Honeymoon HELP!

We really don't know where we are going on our honeymoon yet. Like I have mentioned 468976 times before, there is a lot going on in non-wedding world that we are having to deal with (good things) and are honestly getting in the way of wedding plans!
 
Of course we have talked about where we should honeymoon and I have tried to ask on social media where people went or where they want to go.
 
There isn't anywhere we are dying to go right now.. I just know somewhere tropical and affordable. Honeymoons are expensive, dang it!
 
Here are some thoughts:
 

 
 
I had friends stay here and RAVE about it. Unfortunately, the resort is 1.5 hours away from the airport (yuck) and we would have to have 2 layovers. No thanks.... Tired of flying..
 
 

 
I did a ton of research on this one last night. This could be the winner. Affordable, easy flights, and everything we want to do. Have you been there??
 
 
 
Sooooo this is all I really have to go off of!
These are our requirements:
 
Beach/tropical
Spa
Fishing
Something to do
Good food
Prefer all-inclusive
Easy access from airport
Only 1 (if that) layover
 
 
I need your help! Where did you go? I need some ideas!
 
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bora Bora! Worth every penny!

Stacey said...

Key West!

Lauren said...

We honeymooned at Sandals Montego Bay! It was great - flew from Myrtle Beach, to Charlotte, to Montego Bay - no problems. And from the airport to resort is literally like, 30 seconds. Only thing, it IS one of the older Sandals, but really, you could not tell. Lots of pools, activities, has all your requirements :) Gorgeous place.

Jamie said...

We are going to Sandals La Toc in St Lucia! We thought we were going to have to have lay overs too but when we called the resort they were able to find us a direct flight there and back! It is a pretty long drive from the airport but I like that because you can see more : ) When I went to Nicaragua that was one of the best parts of the trip haha You can't go wrong with any Sandals resorts though!! I've heard awesome things about the one in Antigua! Good luck!!

Whitney H said...

Unfortunately our honeymoon doesn't meet most of your requirements! We really wanted to go to Paris, but with money constraints, we decided to go to Disney World. It was such a great decision! Perfect for kids at heart like us. I can't recommend it enough!

Brianna Tucker said...

I would recommend sandals 100%. We did Grand Riveria in Jamacia. It was a drive from the air port but well worth it. It is the closest resort to most of the extra activities like the dunn river falls, zip lining and dlphin tours. If you want to do those extras I would recommend it. Other wise I am sure an resort by sandals would be great. They really treat you 100%

Ashley said...

I've heard really great things about Punta Cana, and my family is actually looking to go there this summer. The rates are pretty affordable, and the resorts look amazing!!

Amy G said...

JP and I actually went to Spain on our honeymoon, but the year before we stayed at an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic and it was amazing! You don't ever have to leave the resort. The country is beautiful, the water crystal clear and there is so much to do! Not to mention there are tons of great resorts at reasonable prices!

Amy G said...

Oh yeah, we went to Punta Cana in the DR...kind of important to include the city! haha Is it Friday yet?