Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tis the Season....

for giving!

This weekend I had a goal to make goodies for all of the people who have been so kind and helpful to both  Tyler and me! We have had a lot of people who have been looking out for us and sort of "taking us in," so I wanted to do something special for them. 

After a kitchen covered in flour and pumpkin splattered everywhere, I present you...

12 loaves of pumpkin bread




Love the cute wrapping I found at Meijer. If the South had a Meijer, I would be the happiest girl ever. It's a mix between Wal-Mart and Target.. Good prices like Wal-Mart, but cute things like Target. Obsessed! Someone in the South needs to make a move and build one!!!

12 bags of pretzel/rolo/m&m goodies


12 bags of pine bark


The pine bark was kind of a fail... I used too much butter and brown sugar so the saltines were very gooey. I kind of altered my mom's recipe to one I found on Pinterest. Should have stuck with Mom's..

This is what they were supposed to look like:



So, there you have it.. the goodies I slaved over all weekend BUT I feel so good about them and am excited to give them out. I truly feel like this Christmas is more about my giving than receiving. 

Tyler and I finished off our night of baking and cooking with a duck/shrimp/sausage/squirrel (ok maybe not but he told me so) gumbo with rice. I was super skeptical, but it was pretty delcious. Not going to post a picture because it does not compare to my pretty treats. It looked pretty.. well, ugly. But tasted good!

Can't believe the weekend is already over, but that means I only have 4 days of work before I can go home for Christmas. I CANNOT WAIT! My mom has been sending me pictures of my cat named Gray, yes, so original, who loves the Christmas tree. She was given the nickname Chris-mouse a couple of Christmases ago!



She now has her title as queen of our house, now that Lily is gone. Glad we still have her and her buddy Scruffy (whose name totally describes her perfectly) as pets without my sweet Lil.

Praying this week goes by quickly so I get GET HOME!

How was your weekend?

Ta ta,



3 comments:

Cori H. said...

That was so nice of you to bake all of those goodies. I'm sure everyone will love them! Awww she's a pretty cat!

Megan at Megan Can said...

All your goodies look fantastic! Hope Illinois is treating you well still! :)

Claire said...

Yummm that pumpkin bread looks amazing, and I love your wrapping! I have never heard of that store but it sounds right up my alley! And love your kitty :) All 4 of mine tend to reside under the tree for the entire month! So cute!