Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Christmas Blessing!

Merry Christmas Eve!

I just have to share my story from my plane ride home yesterday!

When I got to my seat on the little plane in Bloomington, there was this cute little girl sitting alone. I sat down, got situated, noticed that she was reading Charlotte's Web, so I introduced myself as "Charlotte, like Charlotte's Web"... isn't that cool? She thought it was so neat.

Then I had to figure out what to talk to a 3rd grader about.....I racked my brain thinking about what to talk to a 9-year-old about.. Duh, SANTA! I went on to talk to Brianna about why she was all alone on the flight to Atlanta.

Brianna, 9, has been flying ALONE to visit her dad in Atlanta from the Chicago suburbs since she was 5. Her parents got divorced and so she spends every other Christmas in Atlanta and every summer with her dad. I was so touched.

After we could use our ipods on the plane, I asked Brianna if she wanted to share my earphones with me to listen to Christmas music and she was so excited! I gave her the left earphone, I took the right earphone, and we listened to Christmas music for the rest of the flight.

(I'm trying to add a screenshot from itunes of my playlist but it isn't cooperating....)

This may be my favorite part of Christmas. What a great reminder to think about this Christmas season!

Merry Christmas from the Perrows!


Ta ta,



5 comments:

Cori H. said...

That's so sweet! I'm sure that little girl was delighted! :)

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

That's a great story! I'm sure you calmed her nerves about flying alone! Merry Christmas :)

Megan said...

You are too sweet Charlotte! What a wonderful way to spread Christmas cheer with a little girl who probably needed a flying buddy!! Merry Christmas :)

Sarah said...

precious!! How sweet of you!!

Ashley said...

That is so precious! What a bright little way to make your holiday better :) I love little moments like that!